Friday, August 3, 2007

Wesley is 3 weeks old!

It's hard to believe our little man is 3 weeks old. The time has just flown by! We will start this post with:

Things they don't tell you in books:

We are finding the poo and pee cleaning experiences to be quite amusing. During week one we were examining his little circumcision just to get a giant arch of urine down the front of Sean. We laughed pretty hard and chalked it up to learning not to examine anything in that region too closely. Well, not even a week later my friend Jessica was over and we were once again examining the poor little circumcision (won't that darn Plasta Bell ever fall off) and little Wesley blew an O ring and Jessica had poo running down her leg. We're talking 2-3 feet away. He got some distance on that one. She found poo in her shoe later that evening. So, learning experience one: cover both the fire hose and man hole when exposed.

Second item: for some strange reason while breast feeding a baby it is the perfect time for said child to pack his pants with the largest amount of poo you can imagine. And it is not a peaceful passing of poo, it is a straining, grunting and all around unpleasant experience. All this time while wresting with his butt demons he is using your nipple as a punching bag. Great fun.

Hmmm, I'm starting to see a trend here........ the other night I finally got Wesley to sleep, it was 4 in the morning and I resorted to putting him to sleep in his swing (loves the swing). I had just climbed into bed, it was pitch dark and all I heard was a silence splitting fart, I mean not a dainty, baby sized little toot, but an adult sized rip. Welsey's Grandma Olson would have been proud. I just laid in bed and laughed, the silent shaking kind of laugh. If there was any doubt the child was Sean and I's before it was suddenly very clear.

I'll write more soon.

No comments: