Monday, August 6, 2007

Attack of the hungry little monster.

I will start out by saying, breastfeeding sucks. I mean, I'll do it for as long as possible because it's the right/healthy thing for little dude but I don't have to like it. These women that breastfeed for a year or longer, I don't get how they do it. I know it is supposed to be some big bonding experience and I suppose it is.

Well, anyways the new thing Wesley is doing is screaming nonstop. I mean if he is awake and not eating he's screaming. It's been going on for about a week and a half and I was starting to get worried. Colic is something I'd like to not experience. So while talking to my parents this weekend and explaining to them this would be the only grandchild they would be getting out of me, my Mother told me to feed him more. So I thought what the heck and broke into my freezer stash of frozen breast milk that I've been pumping out for a rainy day (or a day of shopping on my own). We gave Wesley a bottle in the morning and one in the afternoon. It wasn't much maybe 2 ounces each time but it made all the difference. We had a HAPPY baby yesterday. I think he cried for a total of 20 minutes the whole day (most of that in Wal-Mart and who doesn't want to cry in Wal-Mart?). It was amazing. So he'd been pretty much starving to death last week and just screaming to get food. My poor child.

No comments: