Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Wednesday Write-Up

-Volt Report: We had its maiden voyage yesterday (we've been waiting on a 30 day tag that came in the mail). Greta and I decided to take Sean to lunch so we could try out the range. I'm thrilled to report we went 46 miles on a single charge (blew that 35 mile average out of the water). It was achieved by driving it easy. Which means not gunning it, coasting down hills and when coming up to stop lights which uses the regenerative braking (when you lift your foot from the accelerator or apply brakes the motor acts as a generator that works to recharge the battery). That 46 miles cost me $1.30 worth of electricity. That same 46 miles in my former car (a Ford Freestyle) which got 23 miles to the gallon would have cost me $7.50 (2 gallons of gas at $3.75 a gallon). That's one heck of a savings! So far I'm very happy with it.

-Princess Party Planning: A certain little girl is turning three years old in about a week and half. I've been trying to figure out what to do about her cake and came up with a princess cake idea. It should be cute if I can pull it off. She's been using her brothers Imaginext dragon castle as a doll house for her princesses so I figured it was time for a proper doll house. So I ordered a wooden barbie house off of Amazon. It's sitting unassembled in a large box by the front door. The kids keep coming up to me asking what's in the big box and I have to keep lying to them saying it's car parts dad ordered. I'm putting off assembling it because I don't know where to hide it until her birthday. I'm sure it will be a couple of late nights putting it together two days before the party. She's going to be so excited.


No comments: