Sunday, January 2, 2011

Funday Sunday: Key Lime Pie

I don't have many resolutions this year. Just two really. First one is to get more organized. I want to de-clutter  the house, and put what's left in it's place. Second resolution is to be more creative in my cooking. To achieve this goal I plan to incorporate at least one new recipe a week into my meal menu. I've started subscribing to a new cooking magazine and can't wait to jump right in. Hopefully I'll get to share some winning recipes here on the blog over the next year. I thought I'd start with a recipe I discovered before the Holidays. Key lime pie sounded delicious and I ran across this one and had to give it a try. It got five star, glowing reviews on allrecipe.com and it only has three ingredients (besides the crust): two cans of sweetened condensed milk, half a cup of sour cream and key lime juice (and zest). That's it, that's all. I'm actually eating the last piece as I write this, the pie disappeared in less than a day. Way too good to not try.



Ingredients:

1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice (they are out of season right now so I used three limes....worked great)
1 tablespoon grated lime zest


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
 Enjoy!

No comments: