Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

It's New Years Eve. It used to mean something to me. It meant Sean and I would drive to our friends Dru and Charity's house and help them (and their 20 closest friends) ring in the new year. It was tradition. I enjoyed it. Then Charity and I got pregnant on the same month and had babies three days apart. That was in 2007 and things have been a bit different since then. No more parties. We stay in now. Load the fridge up with junk food, get a little alcohol (maybe a couple of beers...we don't really drink) and watch movies to ring in the new year. Oh how the times have changed. Children really do bring out your inner couch potato. And you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world.

I hope everyone is having a great New Years Eve however you wish to ring it in. And since I can't possibly write a post right now without including my new baby goats, here is a video of them shortly after they were born yesterday. I am so enamored with them, I must have spent three hours out there today just sitting in their pen letting them sniff and climb on me. Talk about no fear. They are just precious.

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

OMG...they are adorable! What have you named them? Congrats, Momma.