Thursday, January 6, 2011

Greta at 15 months

My little girl is growing up at super speed now that she turned one. I can't believe she's 15 months already. It dawned on me that she hasn't been into the doctors for a well baby exam in quite some time. I really think those visits are worthless but she was due for her second flu shot so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. The doctor was going through the list of questions "Can she stack two blocks?", "Can she say three words?", I was saying yes to all of them. Then she gets to "Is she walking well?". I answered "Nope, not yet". The doc was shocked. I had to explain that Greta's older brother wasn't walking until 15-16 months and that I wasn't worried at all. The doctor then did a bunch of typing on her little lap top and I then remembered why I dislike well baby visits so much. The unneeded worrying. I know my child is right on track for her development, I don't need them telling me any different. I'll get off my soapbox now.

As if Greta knew something was up, she took three steps yesterday on her own. I'm so proud of her! Go Greta!

 Greta 15 month percentiles:
Weight: 24 lbs 4 oz (66%)
Height: 30.25 in (39%)
Head Circumference:  48.5 cm (97%)

No comments: