Friday, January 22, 2010

No double chin in 2010

Looks like I'm one of the millions of people that feel the need to loose weight around the beginning of the year. Two weeks ago I started changing my lifestyle to include eating healthier and working out regularly. I'm seeing results and have lost four pounds so far.

I've collected some weight loss tips from various TV shows and magazines that seem to be working for me and I thought I'd share them.

-No eating after 8 pm. Not a grape, definitely not a cookie.
-Snack often during the day. Choose healthy options like nuts, cheese sticks or frozen blueberries.
-Don't ever be hungry during the day. Eat small meals throughout the day. Keep your metabolism up and your blood sugar levels even.
-Repeat the same meals over and over again. If you are loosing weight by eating a salad every day for lunch, have one every day until you reach your goal. For me, I have an egg and a piece of veggie sausage every morning and a dark leafy green salad and cottage cheese for lunch. I've done this for two weeks. Not sick of it yet!
-Drinking hot liquids has been shown to reduce hunger. Have a cup of tea in the afternoon when the snack urge hits.
-If possible, cut sugar from your diet. This has been the hardest one to follow. I usually splurge on one thing once a week. I've read that sugar has almost the same addictive qualities as tobacco. I believe it.

Jessica and I are weight loss buddies and try to keep each other on track and urge one another on. Having a weight loss buddy is a good way to keep yourself accountable and not give up! Our goal is 10 pounds each to begin with. She's already lost 5+ pounds, go Jessica! Our reward? A dinner at the local mexican restaurant...without kids. And no, it will not blow all of our hard work. It's just something to look forward to.

3 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Mmmm...mexican food...okay, how can I speed up my weight loss?

Stacy said...

I hear you, sister! I have lost 7 lbs. so far. Joined a weight loss circuit training team at the gym (our name: Wii Not Fit) and have been eating well (well, the phentermine helps!) I've got 80 lbs. to go but finally feeling focused. Good luck!

The Menagerie Momma said...

Wow Stacy, that's great! Love the name! I wish I could start working out with the ladies at the rec center again. I do miss it. Maybe next year when the baby is older. I'm so excited for you! Keep it up and let us know the progress. You go girl!