Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Furniture Movers

First off, Greta hit one of her first milestones on Sunday. She had her first laugh. Sean had her sitting on his lap and she leaned back and looked at him over her shoulder and let out a giggle. It was kind of like she was thinking "who is this goofy guy holding me?". I popped my head out from in the kitchen and asked if that was a laugh and sure enough she let out another giggle. It was precious.

My folks came over on Sunday evening for some enchiladas and brownies (yea not exactly diet food I know). We got to show them what we accomplished over the weekend. We moved a lot of furniture around on Saturday. We removed furniture from the whole middle of the house so we can start the floor project that so badly needs to be started. Sean is going to start chipping up the terra cotta tile that was torn up when we had foundation work done on the house three years ago (three years! Seems like yesterday). We plan to replace it with a floating wood floor. I can't wait! Getting rid of all that tile will take some time but now, in the dead of winter, is the perfect time for indoor projects. I know, easy for me to say when I won't be chipping up tiles.

Grandpa and Greta




The basement has progressively become quite a nice little playroom for Wesley. After this weekend, it now contains pretty much all of his toys. I was tired of his play kitchen and tiny table and chairs being in the living room so down they went to join every other toy in the house. He likes it down there and I just love having an area that he can play and be as destructive as he needs to be. It's nice to have a "grown-up" living room again, I almost forgot what it was like. Now, just two-to-three short years before I can move a coffee table up in front of the couch again (the coffee table was removed after several bonks and bruises when Wesley was learning to crawl and walk....now we just have to let Greta get past that stage for it to return). Anyways, that's all we've been up to, just moving on to the newest house project.

Playing in the basement




No comments: