Friday, February 15, 2008

In the Breast Feeding Trenches















He's starting to bite. No actually he's not biting, he has no teeth....he's "smushing". Think of a vice closing. It's not pleasant. He does this and then adverts his eyes to mine and when I look down he gives me this huge grin while still biting. Little turkey. I can't believe I've been breast feeding for seven months, it's truly amazing considering the problems we had starting out. I'm thrilled to have been able to go this long. He's eating five times a day right now, so five times a day for the next five months...I have 750 more feedings until he's weaned. Oh that's depressing. Only 750 more "smushings". Maybe we'll reevaluate the situation at 9 months. Oh man, I just had a thought....teeth will be appearing any day now. Maybe we'll reevaluate when teeth appear.

No comments: