Friday, February 22, 2008

Goodbye to the Devil

We are officially getting rid of our cable TV. I've decided that TV is the devil. Before Wesley was born I had my regular shows that I would watch throughout the day. I sculpted all day and sat around watching TV. There really isn't much to do while sculpting. I would turn on the television in the morning and watch the TODAY show and it would remain on all day long, until we went to bed in fact. Many hours during the day it wasn't being watched but still remained on. Then Wesley came along. My addiction to TV died soon after he was born. I found more entertaining and purposeful things to do with my time. Most of which included trying to make a screaming Wesley stop screaming. Like a crack addict I slowly weaned myself off of my regularly watched shows. Goodbye Dr. Phil. See ya later Bob Barker. You won't be missed Regis and Kelly.

Anymore the TV would come on in the evenings and would be turned to reruns such as Law and Order that we've seen at least 12 times each. About a month ago we both started saying to each other "we could totally live without a TV". We would always laugh it off but more recently started thinking we really could cancel our DISH Network subscription and be much better off. It makes me feel better knowing Wesley won't be raised in a house with shows like CSI (how many dead decaying bodies do you really need to see in a day?), Law and Order SVU (let's all watch stories about incest), Dirty Sexy Money (the title says it all) and Sex and the City (those women are so screwed up!). We will put up an antenna so we can watch the news and weather if needed but that's it. I'm excited to start reading some books I've been meaning to read. Heck and the $40 we'll save on cable is just icing on the cake! Yea for us!




No comments: