Monday, February 18, 2008

Household Updates


Sean has officially become un-quarantined from the basement. Poor guy stepped foot on the main floor of the house for the first time since Wednesday. We were talking, this is the first time he has been sick since we got married almost seven years ago. Not bad. I suppose we're bound to get the flu every seven years or so. Looks like Wesley and I made it through without catching it (knock on wood). They are saying this years flu season is late and will run through March. So I guess Little Man and I will be staying locked in this house until March. Fun stuff.

Cisco Bob is doing alright. The contact from the vet school confirmed that he believes that it is bone cancer. So for now Cisco is on Prednizone twice a day to relieve the inflammation and relieve his pain. I guess when the pain gets worse we'll look at our options. He's back to his happy, jovial self though. Depositing tennis balls and other assorted toys in our laps whenever possible. We feel guilty throwing them because it probably just worsens his joint but I'm sure his quality of life is much better with toys being thrown and retrieved.

Wesley seems to be changing by the day. We've finally hit the fun separation anxiety phase. I can't even leave him alone to wash my hands without him screaming bloody murder. The poor kid had a pretty tough time with Sean being sick and away downstairs. Sean usually takes Wesley in the evenings so I can go outside and feed livestock and everything else with a mouth, so instead he had to go in his crib. He screamed the entire time I was outside every evening. I mean bright red, tears streaming, angry crying. I think he's probably the happiest that Sean is back among the land of the living.

Wesley got his first official haircut two days ago. He looks very cute. I cut it while he was facing out in the Baby Bjorn. I think I cut about two inches of fuzz off. I collected a little bit of it and put it in his baby book.

A new thing he's doing: the second I take a big spoonful of applesauce and place it in his mouth he blows a raspberry with is lips and I am covered with applesauce. Every single bite he does this. How can I be angry? It's so darn funny.

No comments: