Sunday, November 25, 2007

The end of an era

So when we moved out to the country I decided that it was finally time for me to buy a horse to ride. I'd been wanting one for ages. I read up on everything I'd need to know about horse ownership and proceeded to start buying gear. I bought a nice saddle, pad, bridle.....and so on. Well today I posted everything on eBay. The horse riding dream has died. For one, we don't have enough land for a full size horse. Two, I don't want to blame the kid for it....but I seriously don't have the time or energy to go horse riding on a whim. Three, I can't afford any more animals. My neighbor used to say "I wish you'd just have a baby and you'd stop buying animals." I always just laughed, but now I understand. It's hard to take care of 19 pets with a baby needing constant attention. I do love my animals and each and every one of them will have a forever home with us, just not a full size riding horse. I've decided whatever money I make on the horse gear I'm going to go buy Wesley a kick ass exersaucer. How sad, I'm trading my beautiful saddle for a brightly colored plastic toy. Anything to make the kid happy.

No comments: