Thursday, November 13, 2014

Seriously?!

"Mom, I just wet my bed."

My youngest whispered this in my ear this morning at 6:30, mere minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off.

Waking up to that sentence is not a rare event. Nor does it happen a lot. Maybe every 3 months. It's no big deal.

I trudge into her room, pushing my wild morning hair out of my face, and start collecting her wet sheets. I notice the tablet sitting on the side of her bed.

"Why is the tablet on your bed?" I asked.

"Oh don't worry Mom I put it there before I wet the bed." She replied.

My tired brain couldn't fathom why the tablet would be on her bed at all. Then it clicked. She got up and got the tablet to play games in bed before everyone woke up (like she does most mornings). But this morning she decided she didn't want to get out of her warm bed and go potty on the toilet. Instead, she closed the tablet, put it on the edge of the bed and went the bathroom in her bed. Then came and woke me up so I could clean it up.  

What the heck?!

She's FIVE years old, she knows better.

Needless to say it was not a great morning.

.....sigh.....