Monday, November 3, 2014

Adventures in Goat Wrangling Volume 47

Sunday morning I went outside to feed the animals. There was a lot of bellowing going on inside the goat house. This is what I was greeted with. A giant Heston stuck in a hay rack. I could not get him out.


"Oh hi there! Mind helping a goat out here?"


I called in reinforcements. I told Sean what had happened and he said "Dumbass" which I heard as "I'll get an ax". I was thinking "we have totally different ideas on how to get the goat out of the hay feeder". Hehe....


Sean came out and tried his hand at pushing the giant head out. Heston thought this was a fun game and pushed back against our hands, in true goat fashion.


He tried prying the bars apart which was futile. He did manage to get quite a few sniffs and kisses.


He then disappeared into the shop and returned with tools. These wire cutters will cut through anything.....apparently except this rebar. It was far too strong. Rich did too well of a job constructing these, we couldn't even break the welds.


Last idea was a crowbar. It worked! The hay feeder is a little bent up but the goat is no longer stuck. Yea!


It's always an adventure owning animals.

3 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Yep, dad sure knows how to build them! Thanks for the giggles!

Barb said...

Oh my, never a dull moment! Thanks for my morning laugh.

John and Julie said...

Great story and pictures. Thanks for the good laugh!