Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sadness

What a week. It's been one of those weeks that you wish you could just write off. Delete it. Poof its gone.

My good friend Jessica's dad passed away last Friday. Words can't describe how sad I am for his loss. For the pain his family and my friend are going through. I met Jessica when I was eleven years old and Rusty was like a dad to me too. He was such a jovial man, always there to make us laugh or share a story. Those stories will be missed. I pray that Jessica and her family can heal from this loss.

The funeral was especially moving. When I drove up to the funeral home and saw all the active military in full dress uniform along with the lines of motorcycles from the Freedom Riders, it was all so impressive. Rusty would have loved it! Jessica did a wonderful tribute to her dad at the funeral. She fully encased his true spirit and managed to get people laughing in the process. He was sure proud of his daughter.

He'll be missed.



No comments: