Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Off to School

Hard to believe that my oldest started Kindergarten today.  I'm sitting in a quiet house with Greta playing in her room by herself. It's kinda nice.  I'm not going to lie, I didn't cry when I dropped him off this morning. I gave him a hug and sent him on his way. He's excited to start school and I'm excited that he's going to be learning. My father asked me if I thought he was ready for all day kindergarten and I told him "Yes, he needs to be in a structured learning environment instead of pushing baby dolls around in his sisters baby carriage all day." This is going to be so good for him.

We went to the schools open house last night to meet his teacher and have a look around. It's a nice small school and his teacher is super nice. There are 16 kids in his classroom and only 48 kids in the whole grade. I'm happy with our decision with this school and sending him this year instead of red shirting him until next Fall.

Now the question is what to do with Greta? For now she's playing by herself quite nicely but I'm going to have to come up with some fun activities to keep us both occupied. She's never really had old Mom to herself. I figure Wesley had me to himself for the first 2 years of his life and now it's Greta's turn for a little one-on-one time with Mom. I do think more projects will get accomplished with just one kid around during the day. I think the first project will be to toss her car seat in the truck and go get trim and stain to finish out the carpet project. But, the first thing I'm going to do to celebrate the first day of kindergarten is to go take a nap.





No comments: