Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's been one week

I'm overly excited to tell everyone I know that my youngest child seems to be potty trained. Something "clicked" a week ago and she has been hitting that potty regularly throughout the day. Do you know why I'm so excited? Because I haven't changed a diaper full of poop in seven days. You're sitting there going "what's the big deal?" The big deal is that I've been changing diapers full of crap since July of 2007. 2007! Do you realize how long that is? That's five years, one month and ten days. Holy crap that's a long time. Sean's been wondering why I've been in such a good mood lately. This might explain it.

When Greta and I were at the mall last week we went by one of the bulk candy stores and let her pick out a small bag full of all her favorite candy. She picked pink M&M's, Mike and Ike, Reeces Pieces and candy corn. By golly that seemed to be all it took to motivate her into becoming a full time big potty pro. Of course she figured out that she got a piece of candy each time she urinated regardless of how much urine was in the potty. So she was running to the bathroom three times and hour. But I don't care if she does that as long as she's learning. The down side to having candy in the house is that I eat it. Well let me clarify, I eat some of it. Turns out I can have M&M's and Mike and Ike in the house without eating it, but candy corn and Reeces Pieces were gone that night. Have you ever taken candy corn and mixed it with peanuts? So yum. Darn delicious confections.
So anyways, just had to share my super exciting news.

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Yea for Greta! Please give her a very big hug from granny!

Hoofprints said...

I had a two years off for good behavior from poopy diapers. Now I must return to my sentence in T-minus 3 months. Good for Greta (better for you of course). congrats!