Monday, August 20, 2012

It runs, it drives and it's fun!

Sean rolled the tractor out of the garage this weekend for its maiden voyage. He took it into the horse pen and tried the blade out. It works great! I hopped on and gave it a whirl too. It's a very fun to drive although it took me awhile to figure out how to work the throttle while moving the blade up and down while steering. Actually I never figured it out but I will. Believe me, I'll have that thing figured out soon and then I'll be out there often scraping the horse manure out. It's going to be the cleanest horse pen known to man. I'm sure lucky to have such a handy husband (and father-in-law) that could take those pile of parts and make them into a working tractor.  It's not finished quite yet. I'd like to make it a bit more purdy (as in more green than rust colored). But that can be achieved with several cans on John Deere green spray paint and a long weekend. We'll get the "after" picture after it's been painted. In the mean time it's going to earn it's keep mucking out the horse pen and spreading gravel on the driveway. Here is Sean taking it out for its maiden voyage.







1 comment: