Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Wednesday Write Up

-Greta is officially a walker! Finally! For about a week now she's decided crawling is for the birds and walking rocks. It's great. I can finally set up another well baby doctor appointment since she's now walking, the doc said she needed to be walking the next time she saw her. 17.5 months old and a walker. She is quite the talker too. This morning Hubby said bye to her and she said "Bye Daddy". So it looks like she's starting to string together two words. There doesn't seem to be a word that she won't try to pronounce.

-I just enrolled Wesley in the 4 yr old preschool class for this fall. It's a big enough class that Miss Cindy had to make an afternoon class in addition to the morning class (that he currently is in). Instead of Tuesday and Thursdays he'll go Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She was pleading with parents to at least think about moving their kids to the afternoon class (apparently a more undesirable time?). The afternoon class is from 12:30-3 which is right when Greta is taking a nap so it was out, but Jessica is enrolling Alex and offered to car pool him home at 3, so it looks like he'll be in the afternoon preschool class. Yeah! No more insanely crazy, running around mornings.....at least until he starts kindergarten......but at least then I won't be milking a goat too. :)

-I am dropping off my application for a CPR training class tomorrow. Our little town offers the class four times a year and it is time. I think all parents should take a CPR training class and I'm sad it's taken this long to follow through with those plans. But after April 3rd, I will be better educated.

-Project: Fight Fatigue is in full swing. The treadmill is getting it's workout every day for 20 minutes. I'm keeping it right at 3.9 speed and a 5 incline and that royally kicks my hiney. It's about as fast as I can go without running....I'm not a runner. I don't know if it's giving me more energy but I seem to be a happier person so it's a win win. That along with extra Vitamin D (thanks for the suggestion Becca....the gummies rock) and fish oil (a known mood increaser)  I'm hoping will help me dig my way out of my blues.

-We've been having fun with Netflix lately. I love HBO's series Big Love. I've watched it through the years and just finished up the fourth season, man was it good. If you can get over the strange plural marriage thing, it's a suspenseful, well written show. Highly recommended.

-I just set up Heston's brain surgery appointment (neutering). As of this Friday he'll no longer be a humpy little boy goat. Poor guy. It's for the best though.

That's about all that's going on around here. Hope you all are having a good week!

1 comment:

Sasha Victoria said...

Sasha didn't really walk until she was 17-18 months. She was even later really talking. Don't stress on the development stuff! Greta is a smart and sweet little girl! I think Sasha just needed to be sure of herself before she would chance walking in "open" floor space. I am proud of Greta for walking! Good job kiddo!
Love to all