Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Wednesday Write Up

-The spring chore list is already off and running. A portion of the walnut grove has been measured and flagged and last weekend Hubby was out there digging holes with the gas powered auger. He got two corners put in and set with concrete. The goats are just drooling in their pen waiting to be released into the almost lush grass of the grove. Maybe we can get it done this weekend, here's hoping.......sometimes I wish we had a babysitter. 

-My garden seeds came a few weeks ago and I can't wait to get them planted. The peppers have already been started indoors and are peeking up through the dirt. I'm trying a lot of new things this year including butternut squash, watermelon, cantaloupe and hot peppers.  Oh and the sunflower forest, that should be fun!

-My sister is scheduled to have her baby next week and I can't wait to meet the newest member of the family. I'm desperately trying to dry up the goat so I can head up there to meet the baby. Milking a goat every morning doesn't make it easy to leave home for any amount of time. Plus I am SO ready to be done milking the goat. That is something I'm happy to add to my list of things I've done in my life, but not something I'd prefer to do again.

-Wesley is on spring break this week so no preschool. I didn't realize how much I miss preschool. Greta and I go grocery shopping while he's at school so I had to do a little change up this week since dragging two children shopping is not happening.

-My folks are traveling to see family in California this week so we are dog sitting their two dogs. A couple of times a year we watch the dogs and have developed a good schedule to incorporate them into the menagerie. They don't get to run around the house anymore like they used to, I'm done cleaning up urine. They are caged dogs. I'm sure they can't wait until their Mom and Dad get home.....only four days to go.

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Chicken...I had to take the boys shopping with me. I've blocked out those memories, but I know it was awful! Love to you all.