Monday, February 28, 2011

Project: Fight Fatigue!

Something has got to change. I am so tired all the time. This isn't something that has come on quickly, I've been exhausted ever since Greta was born. I'm going to attribute it to having two young children, but I suppose it could be due to anything (you know like milking a goat, having a part time job, being a stay at home mom, being a zoo keeper....you know anything). I'm not talking about the occasional fatigue in the afternoon, but to the "drag your butt through the day" kind of tiredness. Sometimes I'll lay down on the floor in the living room while the kids are playing and I'll fall asleep, then wake up about twenty minutes later to Greta smacking my head with her hand. I get a solid eight hours of sleep a day, watch my sugar intake (I'm a tad bit hypoglycemic), take my vitamins and try to stay active. So far it's not enough. So this weekend I bought a treadmill off of craigslist. It's a nice big behemoth of a treadmill with all the bells and whistles. My hope is to use it three times a week and magically gain more energy.  I wasn't sure if the kids were going to let me use it three times a week so I'm coinciding my workouts with Curious George on PBS. That's a solid half a hour when both kids are glued to the tube. So far so good, worked beautifully today. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Good luck! I hope it works for you. I'm actually considering being el cheapo and taking back the old exercise bike I gave to my dad. I'm fairly certain he's not using it. :-)

Granny Randi said...

You go girl! I do remember being that tired chasing 2 little ones.
Love you.