Monday, December 27, 2010

Goat Watch: Day1

This is the big week! Dym is having her babies this week. She is due on Wednesday but it's normal (like any birth) to go into labor a few days before or a few days after your due date. I'm totally excited. Ask my husband, it's all I talk about. I received several more books for Christmas about raising goats and making cheese so that has just added fuel to the fire. I feel ready for the big event. I have assembled a birthing kit that includes all the essentials and a few things that are above and beyond the realm of the normal kit. Since I've never helped out with a birth I'm not really sure I'll know what to do with all the equipment, but at least I'm prepared. We even set up a baby monitor in the shop (where Dym is set up in a birthing stall) and have the receiver next to my side of the bed.

We had a false alarm this morning. I got up early because I couldn't sleep at 6:30 am and went downstairs to surf the web. Sean woke up to a lot of goat noises coming out the baby monitor and was getting dressed when he found me in the basement. I jumped off of the couch and threw on my coat and Sean and I ran out to the shop to find Dym peacefully lying there chewing her cud. Turns out the constant meow of the cat sounds similar to a goat over a baby monitor. It made me smile knowing Sean was eager to help with the birth had it been in full swing.

So anyways, any day now I hope to update the blog with freakin adorable pictures of baby goats. Oh I literally can't wait.

All my pictures of Dym look like this one, she's right up in the camera at all times. She's just hoping I have food.

No comments: