Monday, September 27, 2010

R & R

On the second day of preschool Wesley brought home something special. Something that has traveled around our house and brought with it lots of misery. He brought home some blasted virus. For two weeks now there has been the lovey sound of coughing, hacking, sneezing and crying. Wesley got it first, then Greta, then Sean and now me. The kids magically got over it fairly quickly with just the residual cough still coming from Wesley. But Sean and I have discovered our immune systems might not be up to par with what preschool can dish out. Talk about being miserable. I haven't been able to talk in four days now. I'm hoarse from coughing so much. I whisper now. Wesley constantly leans in to hear me and then asks "Why are we whispering, Sissy isn't sleeping?". This totally sucks and I hope this horrid virus leaves our house soon. Yet, as bad as this is, preschool is still worth it.

Sean's parents left on Saturday to head back to New Mexico. I'm glad to report they somehow didn't get sick. I'm so thankful! They stayed with us for a full week and we miss them dearly. It was so nice to see them and the kids adore them. I truly wish we lived closer so that we could get together more than once or twice a year. But Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and we'll get to see all of Sean's family. Can't wait!

That's all that's happening around here, I'll just share some pictures from when Randi and Rich were here. I'm off to drug myself up with NyQuil (love that stuff) and hopefully get some sleep. (mumbling to myself....preschool's still worth it....preschool's still worth it)


Wesley was in hog heaven with fresh new people to chase him



Some of my favorite people



The mouse babies were released last week, goodbye and good luck!



Rich preformed an energy audit on our house while he was here, somehow the house passed. Surprised me.



Every hour of the day is a good time to swing, according to Greta



Happy

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Berkley loves the swing, too! Hope she'll still be into it next Spring so I can make Nathan build us a swing-set!