Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Corona Chronicles entry #8

Day #23

Some days I feel very unprepared for all of this. The stores have been out of disinfecting supplies for the past month. Same with hand sanitizers, although I've never been a fan of that stuff. Even just disinfecting wipes are few and far between. I've been lucky enough to grab up two containers of Lysol wipes that I try not to over use. But when i have to leave the house I like to have something I can wipe my hands with that I know will kill the virus. So I came up with alcohol wipes. I always have containers of baby wipes lying all over the house. I use them for odd jobs and to wipe off the clay from my hands when I'm sculpting. I have several containers of rubbing alcohol so I just dump half a cup of alcohol into the package of baby wipes. I use them to wipe down the gas pump, door handle, gear shift knob and my hands when I get back in the car. Seems to work well.



I went and picked up my grocery order today. They were unable to fulfill about 10 items, several of which were essential things we needed (like almond milk). So I called up my mom who has been sewing face masks and asked if I could have one, she said yes (because she's awesome) and left enough for my family on their car windshield. They fit great! She did a wonderful job sewing them. Thanks Mom! I wore it into the grocery store to pick up the few items they couldn't fulfill (they were out of almond milk but had several soy milks).



I was happy to see at least half of the fellow shoppers were also wearing their masks, many of which looked homemade. It's just a strange feeling now when I have to leave the house. It's like the look in people's eyes is just *different*. I try and smile more (not that you can see if under my mask now) and show gratitude to all the grocery workers and checkers. What a strange world we are living in right now.

No comments: