Friday, April 17, 2020

The Corona Chronicles entry #10

Day #33

The days seem to blur together. Sean and I often can't figure out what day of the week it is. He gets excited over Saturday because he doesn't have to work. I don't seem to get excited over the weekends anymore. I'm kind of in a rut.

The puppy is getting me up every morning at 6:20 on the dot which is not helping. You could set a clock to this. I don't know if there is something beeping in the laundry room each morning that wakes him up. How could he possibly awake at exactly 6:20 each morning? I'm not an early riser especially right now. There is no school to wake the kids up for, no work to get going on early, even Sean sleeps in a bit. So I get up with the pup, let him out and lay on the couch in the dark house with the hopes of all three dogs going back to sleep for at least an hour. What actually ends up happening is two of them viciously play with each other just inches from my head while bounding around roughly on my comatose body. I lay there with my arms and hands covering my head to protect it. They are so crazy and have so much energy. It's a bit much.

With all this time home I had great plans! I have several big outdoor projects along with a few indoor ones as well. Some are getting done and some are put on hold until nicer, more reliable weather rolls in. But most days I feel like this sums up my life:


I can't really relate to the tequila but everything else is spot on. I'm either flying high in a great mood or laying low walking around the house getting nothing done. I've found it's important for my mood if I get outside and go for a walk. Spring is hit or miss on good weather and we've been having a cold snap lately so the walks are few and far between.

I am so very grateful that I am able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. I was listening to NPR in the car the other day on the way to the feed store and they were interviewing a man that lives in Paris. He said they aren't allowed to leave their apartments without written permission. He was lucky to have a patio on his apartment but that many don't even have that luxury. They literally can't leave their apartment to even go outside. I feel so bad for these people. The outdoors are my escape. Go work in the dirt, grow something. Go for a bike ride or a run. Or even just sitting outside with my family. I am very grateful.



1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

I'll take the tequila and watching squirrels! I love that we can be outside every day here. Been weeding and planting a few things.
It's so nice to be in a rural area right now. Stay healthy. Love to you all.