Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Corona Chronicles entry #7

Day #20

I completely forgot about Easter being next weekend. It really crept up on me this year. Greta is pretty sad because it's one of her favorite holidays. Here I am without anything to fill their baskets, fill plastic Easter eggs or even dye eggs. I was pretty proud of myself for buying enough groceries to keep me out of the stores for at least 3 weeks.....so much for that idea. But then I remembered the option where they bring your groceries out to your car so I hopped on their site, filled my cart with candy, eggs, dye and a few other goodies and checked out. The earliest slot to pick it up is next Tuesday which is perfectly fine. I'm thrilled this is still an option.

I needed to run to the pharmacy yesterday and while I was out I had to fuel up the car. Boy was this shocking to see!  It might be worth it to drive each car in and fill it up.....but I probably won't.



I finally got back to work this week. This whole thing has made me completely unmotivated to sculpt. It could also be having the kids home. I'm very unmotivated in the summer as well, kids take away from my focus when they are home. But with them back doing school at home I was able to hide away in the bedroom and get three dogs sculpted, painted and photographed.  Perhaps we are all starting to figure out this whole sheltering at home thing.

The kids just finished their first week back at school (at home). They each use Google Classroom and do studies for each subject. I thought Greta would need more help from me than she actually did, so that was a nice surprise. Wesley already used Google Classroom all year so this wasn't much of a transition for him. So far so good!




No comments: