Sunday, February 20, 2011

Funday Sunday: Apple Fritters

My husband loves apple fritters. When we were young and childless I'd run into the store and buy donuts on special occasions (or any occasion) and he'd always get apple fritters. Yesterday I decided I needed to make them, and make them I did...this morning. Oh how very yummy they were. You should try them, they were sinful little nuggets of future cellulite.

Apple Fritters

-1 1/2 C. Flour
-1 T. Sugar (I used 2)
-2 t. baking powder
-1 t. pumpkin pie spice (substitute cinnamon if you don't have this)
-1/2 t. salt
-2/3 C. milk
-2 eggs - beaten
-1 T. oil
-3 C. apples- peeled, and chopped
-vegetable oil for frying
-glaze (I used powdered sugar and orange juice)

Heat  and inch of vegetable oil in small sauce pan over medium heat. While it's heating mix flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie seasoning and salt in a bowl. Pour in milk, eggs and oil. Stir until combined. Add apples and stir until evenly distributed. Drop by spoonfuls into oil. Cook about 4 minutes a side. Make sure they are nice and brown before turning them.....the insides need time to cook. Glaze and devour. Yum!

 

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

They sound yummy...

Sasha Victoria said...

ask Sean why he likes apple fritters! Jeremy loves them as well. It's his donut of choice. I'm curious if he will have the same answer as Jeremy. Jeremy's reason: Grandpa and Grandma Olson took them out for donuts as kids and they always got fritters. Funny the things you like as an adult because they bring back fond memories.