Sunday, October 3, 2010

To chop or not to chop

One of my many quarks is that I have to completely pulverize food before it's given to Greta. I mean I literally chop and chop and chop until it's this pile of mush. I did this with Wesley when he was a baby too. I don't know what's wrong with me. It's not like any of my children have ever choked or anything but it is one of my biggest fears. The thought of one of the kids choking to death because I didn't cut up their food small enough just makes me shiver. It's so scary. Wesley is three years old with a full set of teeth and I still quarter his grapes. Sean jokes that I'll be cutting up his food until he's in high school. Anyways, the point of this all is that there is a blog that I read that just makes me freak out. This couple (that I don't know, just ran across their blog) have a baby that is just days older than Greta. They blog about everything that this baby does. I mean absolutely everything. So when they give her a new food there is a blog about it along with pictures. First they gave her whole banana's, then a big ear of corn on the cob, then giant fist sized chunks of cantaloupe. Then yesterday they showed pictures of the little girl (who just turned a year old) sitting in her high chair with a pile of whole grapes in front of her. This baby has three teeth. I tell ya, it makes me so anxious reading their blog. I'm so afraid for this little girl. I know I over react when it comes to chopping food, but to give whole grapes to a one year old? I think I'll have to stop looking at their blog because of the anxiety I get for that baby girl. Do these parents not know the dangers? Do they not care? Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Between you and that couple, both ends of the spectrum are covered! Keep chopping if it makes you feel better.
Hope you Sean are feeling better. Miss you and love you very much.

Stacy said...

Nate and I have a fundamental disagreement on this topic. I still HALVE the grapes. He feeds them whole. I shudder to think....