Sunday, August 16, 2009

In a rut

I'm in a blogging rut lately. Nothing of much interest is happening around here. I'm stuck indoors most of the time because of the heat, I'm just burning up all the time these days. The sheen of sweat on my face is just part of the "pregnancy glow" I suppose. It's truly getting old. Although this morning I did venture out to trim horses hooves. This is the second weekend I've done this as it takes three times as long as normal when you're carrying around a watermelon under your shirt. I have to say you really haven't lived until you've trimmed eight little hooves at nearly 35 weeks pregnant. At least it's done and I won't have to to it again until after this baby is here.

Wesley and I have been spending more and more time in the basement lately. I've been cleaning and organizing all the toys down there so that it can officially become a playroom. I'm hoping this will help after his little sister arrives and I'm stuck on a couch breastfeeding all the time. I've been setting up bookcases and shifting old books down there along with other toys that have been in storage so that they are "new" again to him. I think it's working since he constantly wants to go down there to play. The GeoTrax are down there as well and he's really becoming interested in playing with them (finally). He'll line all the engines and controllers up and count them repeatedly. He also seems to have finally become somewhat interested in a movie. He's never had the attention span needed to watch a movie but lately he's been asking for the fishy movie (Finding Nemo), so I'll get it playing while we're down there and he'll stop to watch it every so often. It's a welcome change from the furry red monster.

Sean has been busy putting up an outdoor antennae so that we might get some decent TV stations. We've been having some problems getting in basic television stations lately so Sean went up and removed the giant antennae from the attic so that it could be mounted on the roof. We still don't watch enough TV to justify switching back to cable but it would be nice to be able to watch the news from time to time, and maybe a little football once football season starts.

That's about all that's happening around here. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments: