Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good Appointment

I had my 36 week appointment today. First off, no weight gain which is pretty incredible since I haven't been in for almost 3 weeks (the doc was moving her college bound kid to CA). So that's a positive! Second, the baby is head down and ready to go (second positive!). Third, I'm one centimeter dilated (third positive!). I know, one centimeter is not much but at least something is happening. I walked around 3 centimeters dilated when I was pregnant with Wesley for three weeks and still ended up getting induced, but hey progress is progress.

I asked the doctor about how size relates to second babies. I was under the delusion that having a girl as baby number two would mean having a smaller baby than Wesley who was 8 pounds 12 ounces. She informed me that the majority of baby girls outweigh baby boys at birth. Something to do with Mother Natures way of continuing a species. So this led me to ask if this baby girl could be bigger than Wesley was and she's guessing this one will be within a few ounces of Wesley's birth weight. I totally expected to have a much smaller girl than boy. Strange stuff. I'm not worried though...it just surprised me.
That's about all, just wanted to share my good appointment news.

No comments: