Friday, December 21, 2007

Counting our blessings


Christmas is upon us yet again. I'm always so surprised at how quickly it sneaks up on me each year. This year we are piling into the car and heading north 5 hours to spent Christmas with Sean's family. In fact we are heading out tomorrow and I have yet to pack even a sock. I always tend to wait to do anything until the last minute, so this should be an enjoyable next 24 hours. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and to forget the reason why we're celebrating. Here I am worried about the muddy dog prints on the floor, all the food I'm going to eat in the next week (HELLO thunder thighs), how Wesley is going to travel, the horrid weather forecasted and so on (I could go on for twelve pages)....and I need to remember what the season is all about! We need to all count our blessings! There will be three little precious babies here this year that weren't last year, loving parents and grandparents that just adore them, we all have our health and are able to make the trip to be together, I am blessed to have a wonderful loving husband who puts food on the table and is such a great Daddy. And I am especially thankful this year for this little boy who inspires me to be a better person everyday. There are so many things to be grateful for and I hope everyone can be inspired by the season.

No comments: