Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Winter 2019

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the millions of people affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder. You know, the winter blues? It's March, can winter be over already? I need green in my life. I need the sun in my life. We don't live in a very snowy area so I can't complain too much but enough is enough. We got a couple more inches last weekend and the temperatures have been bitter (it was 5 degrees last night). I feel bad for all the critters outside in these temperatures. The baby goats have done well for their first winter. I keep deep bedding in their house and they all snuggle together (I'm thankful I got two friend for Tag instead of just one).


They know I carry animal crackers in my pockets and try to climb through the fence.
The horses are doing ok. Rocky is ornery as ever. Desi is very sore on his front hooves still. He can hardly get around. He's on cushings medication but still sore. I'm not sure what the future holds for him. The horses don't seem to understand that if they stand too close to the goat pen the goats will eat their tails. So each horse has a tail that looks like a toddler got a hold of a pair of scissors. Why would goats eat horse tails?


We can't forget about sweet old Cody. He eagerly comes out with me each time I feed and does a perimeter fence check and eats a little horse poop. He's a good dog.


No comments: