Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Odds & Ends

I was going through my picture gallery and found a few pictures that I wanted to share. Over Christmas the kids got to go over to my parents house to make pasta. They made the dough and once it was ready they put it through the pasta machine. They brought it home and I boiled it up. It was good! I think they enjoyed it, perhaps a pasta machine is in our future.


It's been cold here. Who am I kidding, it's cold everywhere in the country right now. This past weekend the wind chills had it down to -11 degrees. Our little Boston Terriers with their lack of fur don't think too much of this weather and sit and shake inside the 70 degree house. Whenever there is a warm body on the couch Beanie will be on it. She's a sweet little snuggle dog.



I have been busy sculpting. I had a request for a guinea pig and decided to try my hand at one. Betsy's sister-in-law had a beloved guinea pig in her classroom named George. He passed away so I made her a replica of George to sit on her desk. Her 5th graders enjoyed it, which made my day.




When it's too cold to do pretty much anything outside you go inside to eat. The kids had a day off so we went to our favorite deli to eat (they have the very best giant salad bar in town). Oh and free ice cream!




Our 4H club cleans up the local recycling center once a month and it was our month recently. You wouldn't believe how much junk gets blown around that place! It takes about half an hour but it sure looked nice when we left.



A few weeks ago it got into the mid 60's and we decided to go to the park to soak up some vitamin D while we had the opportunity. The kids slid rocks onto the partially iced over pond. Anyone else dreaming of spring?




2 comments:

Johnboy said...

Thanks for the updates!

Granny Randi said...

Love the pictures!