Monday, March 4, 2019

ESports Convention

A few weeks ago Sean heard there was going to be an esports gaming event close to us. Now you might be asking yourself "What exactly are esports?". Yeah, I was asking myself the same thing when I heard it. Even after going to this event I'm still not sure exactly what it is. There were many people all huddled around their computers playing different competitive games. Lots of Fortnite and other such games. That, to me, wasn't the interesting part of this event (I mean I get to see that every day in the comfort of my own home).

What was neat to see was all the different virtual reality games that they had set up for people to try. They had a game set up that was similar to Guitar Hero but in VR. So you got to use these hand held devices that in the virtual reality game were light sabers. Then as the music played these boxes came flying toward you at the beat of the music and you used your light saber to slice them. It was very fun and addicting.





The event was being run in one of the local colleges engineering building. The building itself was very cool to walk through. The rooms weren't open to the public but they had all of their projects set up for display in the windows and we had a blast looking at all the awesome stuff these kids were making. One of the hits was the 3-D printing lab. So many neat things being made. Sean and I decided we wished we were going to college now rather than 20 years ago. Oh the technology advancements!



They had some other interactive VR displays up for people to try. Lots of kids lined up to try this one.


It's the little things that make the kids so excited. We found these odd chairs and had to try them out. I'm pretty sure we could have spent two hours just playing in these chairs.



2 comments:

Johnboy said...

That looks like a really fun day!

Granny Randi said...

I agree with your dad and I'm not a techie!