Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Wednesday Write-Up

It is that busy time of the year. The time when I can sit down with a piece of paper and make a giant list of everything I need to get done. Then when I'm done I stare at that list and feel overwhelmed and wonder why I just wrote it all down. But it's a good thing to be busy. I like getting stuff done and falling into bed and sleeping like a baby until 6 am when our four legged house guest starts barking from her kennel to be let out. She, by the way, is heading home this weekend. Her owners found a rental house to stay in while their house is being repaired and they are excited to bring their dogs home. We'll miss Bella (well I won't miss the 6 am wake up howl) she's been fun. Wesley said he cried last night when he thought of saying bye to Bella. Our three dogs are older dogs so it's been a treat to have a young dog in the house. Oh the energy of that dog! It matches the energy level in my children.

I'm thrilled to say that my days as a chauffeur are going to be slowing down. I drive these kids everywhere, all day long and summer is my break. Greta's last day of preschool was Tuesday and Wesley only has four more days of school and I'm thrilled! I'm so looking forward to summer even though I'm a little worried about keeping everyone busy. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

We had a little excitement last Friday. Miss Greta felt a little warm that afternoon so I gave her a little Tylenol. She was her normal spunky self until dinnertime when she was whining on the couch. I took her temperature to find a lovely high of 105.4. She looked miserable and the pediatricians office wasn't open (nor would it be until Monday) so off to the ER we went. Our little local ER is awesome and I can get in as soon as we walk in. I'm so happy I don't have to truck her downtown to the big ER where it takes 4 hours to be seen. The doc gave her a head to toe exam and found a nasty ear infection festering away. It was strange because she didn't complain about her ears hurting or anything. I thought it was another bladder infection like she had last fall (when we went to the ER for another 105 degree temp). So a week on antibiotics and she's back to her normal four year old self.

I got the garden planted last weekend on Mother's Day. I thought it was pretty late to be planting and woke up this morning to frost damage on my tomatoes. My tomatoes that I started inside and nurtured. I probably lost half of them. Grrrr. This spring is mighty frustrating. A week of high temperatures (broke a record for 102 degrees!) and then back into the 50's and 60's with morning temps in the low 40's. Oh well. We rented a rototiller this year and it wasn't as cool as I hoped for. I'm used to those smaller rototillers that you can just lift into the back of a truck. This one required a small trailer to haul it around. The tiller itself was about the size of a compact car (not really), it was big though. Too big for me, so I had Sean till up the garden. I'm thinking we need to just buy one, it's not like I'm going to stop gardening anytime soon. I'm just happy everything is planted and now it's just watering a waiting.

Here is a picture of my little sicky from last nights practice with her brother in the background. I really enjoy watching the practices. Sean meets us there after work and it's really been nice and the kids are really improving each time.



1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

That's so scary when the kids get a high temp. Glad Greta is feeling better.

I finally got my garden planted. I'm so excited! If it produces, Rich will look for a used tiller. He rented on and it was an expensive POS.

Miss and love you all.