Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Kids

A couple of weeks ago when Randi was here we went thrifting and I found a big red map of the United States that holds all the state quarters. I knew Wesley would love it so I bought it and we filled it with all the quarters we could find......I think it was seven. So last week we got a box from Rich and Randi and in it was 42 quarters they found in their quarter jar. Wesley was psyched! So yesterday we put each quarter where it belonged. There were a few duplicates and a few state park quarters that didn't have a spot so I think we are only lacking 14 states now. It's fun keeping our eyes open for quarters we don't have. Thank you Rich and Randi!


Wesley was off of school yesterday, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day! So we headed out for a day of fun. I've been in a bit of a rut lately and I think I just needed to get out of the house and get some sunshine. It worked! I took the kids to Pizza Hut to use their Bookit coupons (they get free pan pizza's for reading books at school). They love going and getting their little pan pizza's! Then off to the feed store for a bale of alfalfa for the goat. I noticed the stores seemed to get their flowers in overnight and there are racks and racks of beautiful flowers. I couldn't not get some, so the kids helped me pick out some flowers for a few of the planters around here.


I told the kids this year instead of an Easter basket full of trinkets, candy and "stuff", they could pick out one nice toy. They were all over that idea so we stopped by the grocery store and they got to pick out a toy. I like this idea because we won't have a big basket of candy calling my name and cheap little toys that get broken and strewn all over my house (I still got them each a package of Peeps....nothing says Easter like Peeps). I think this is a win win. We'll see how it goes.

Then we went to the park to play. We got in a lap around the pond so old Mom could get her steps in. The 10,000 a day step challenge is going great, haven't missed a day this month. It was a good day, everybody was all smiles. I like smiling kiddos. I'm a lucky gal to be able to stay home with these two happy little people.




1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Glad the kids had fun putting quarters in the map!

We actually got a little rain so I am transplanting my flowers to make space for veggies! Can't wait to eat homegrown!

Miss you and love you all!