Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Weekly Winners

I don't have much to write about this week. It's pretty slow around here. The weather is back to being yuck. I sometimes wonder if this winter will ever end. I know it's only February (nearly March, I round up in the winter) and it could always be worse than it is. But sometimes I feel like I might explode unless I get outside in some warm weather. I even told the hubby last weekend that I feel the need to go running again. I've pretty much stopped running all together. It's not something I miss but I do miss the way I feel after a run. It's very hard to recreate that feeling on the treadmill. So maybe I will start running again in the Spring. Anyways, I digress, the point of this post is to share some photos.



The kids and I started quite a few seeds this past weekend. It might be a little early but I'm ok with that. We got six types of tomatoes started (36 tomato plants in all), two types of bell peppers, broccoli and a whole tray of basil. It's a good start. I'm really looking forward to rototilling everything. Can't hardly wait.


I just love this picture. Greta, with her crazy morning hair, helping Sean mix up the waffle batter on Sunday. He makes us waffles with berry sauce every Sunday morning. It's a nice routine that I and the kids enjoy (and Papa Rich).


Having outside cats has been quite the treat. You just never know what they will bring home. I was on the treadmill yesterday and looked out the back window to see one of the minions prancing through the yard with something big in its mouth. Upon further investigation I found it to be a bird and a snake.....together. It was a big haul. Both were completely eaten by the time I went out later. Yuck.


The kids have been asking to ride their bikes so Greta and I stopped by the store to pick her up a bike helmet (she's been using her brothers helmet to ride during the day while he's at school). Walmart had some rather unique helmets. The unicorn helmet didn't fit too well so we went with a traditional one, but still very cool. Then this past Saturday when it wasn't too cold I loaded up the bikes in the back of the truck and I took them to the high school parking lot to do some bike riding. Living on gravel roads does not make learning to ride a bike very much fun. They had fun on the pavement, I had fun getting out.....it was great. I'm looking forward to doing it again when the weather warms up.


7 comments:

Hoofprints said...

I don't know how you keep talking about aging lines in your face. You look like a 21 year old! Sheesh!

The Menagerie Momma said...

Har har har. You are too kind. It's my camera, it's nice to me.

Granny Randi said...

Rich will have my bike so I can go riding with all of you...can't wait to see you!

The Menagerie Momma said...

Oh that will be great Randi! Can't wait to see you!

Hoofprints said...

I wish my camera was nice to me like that. Mine likes to make me look either 45 or like a zombie. Trade?

The Menagerie Momma said...

How about I just take some flattering pictures of you with my magic camera? We'll have a little photo shoot to make you feel better about your zombie self. K?

Hoofprints said...

I haven't slept in seven years. I don't think your magic camera can fix that. Short of the desire to consume brains, I may be the closest thing to a zombie there is.