Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow Day

We got a snow day today. Woo hoo! I feel like a kid on snow days, even though I'm not a kid. I remember that wonderful feeling of seeing your little school printed along the bottom of the tv. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling. It's really nice knowing I get to sleep in and not trudge through the snow to get the kids to school. I thought I'd try out a new breakfast idea this morning. My friend told me about two ingredient pancakes the other day and I'd seen them on all the Paleo facebook pages I follow, I felt like it was a calling. It was time to try em out. So I'm sure you are wondering what those two ingredients are? Well, you take two ripe bananas and mix them with four eggs. They said to use a mixer but I thought a blender was more appropriate. I added a 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder as well as a splash of vanilla and some cinnamon....because otherwise you've made banana eggs. I greased the pan with coconut oil and they came out pretty good. More like crepes than pancakes but I love crepes so it was a winner. I'm thinking next time I'll embrace the crepe idea and fill them with greek yogurt and sprinkle with cut up strawberries. Yum.

I've been trying to get my 10,000 steps in every day (which is so hard to do when there is 9 inches of snow on the ground) and the only way I can achieve that goal is to get on the treadmill. Well it's the easiest method anyway. Sometimes it's easier to just suck it up and get on there for half an hour a day. I figure I've got 23.5 hours to do everything else. I've been needing a new show to watch (to pass that boring half an hour) and so I started "Orange is the New Black". It's a NetFlix original series and I love it. It's about an upper middle class white girl that gets sent to prison for 18 months. It's got great writing and I'm hooked. I've got to say I'm so sick of FBI, CIA, cop dramas....this is such a breath of fresh air (even if it is a little gritty).

My father, who also had a snow day, called and offered to come pick us up in his Jeep so that we might go ride his new snowmobiles. He recently bought two snowmobiles for use up on the mountain around their retirement cottage. They haven't moved up there yet and this storm provided a nice canvas on which to try them out. I'd never ridden a snowmobile so this was a first for me and the kids. Wesley had a blast and took a ride with everyone and Greta tried it out once and was a trooper. It was a good experience for them. I thought it was great fun and look forward to trying it out again. Thanks Pops!





No comments: