Sunday, July 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Wesley!

Happy birthday my little dude. You aren't so little anymore but you will always be my little man. Three days ago you turned six. Yesterday we had your birthday party and I must say, it was the best one yet! We bit the bullet and rented a bounce house. Not just any bounce house but a giant monster truck bounce house. I knew you kids would have fun in it but I didn't know just how much fun the adults would have in it. We had a ball! Made me feel like a kid again.

This year we invited friends from school. You listed off your favorite people and we invited them. In the end all but one showed up and it was a full house. We had Granny Randi and Papa Rich here, Noni and Papa, Aunt Betsy and Uncle Blake, Bennett and Emery, Aunt Jessica and Alex and Abby, Dru, Charity and their girls Serenity and Isa, and your friends from school: Andrew (your best friend), Kyler and Riley.

Granny Randi and I sculpted the bugs out of fondant, and had a blast doing it!
You kids had a great time bouncing in that monstrosity of a bounce house. It was a typical middle of July day with temperatures of 101 in the shade. Little faces were red but happy. Lots of drinks kept you all hydrated and many trips back into the air conditioning helped keep everyone happy.




One of the funniest parts was watching your grandparents jump (and get stuck). Papa somehow got himself stuck in the corner and needed help out.


I hope you had a great birthday Wesley! It will be hard to top this year, but I'm sure we can try.

Can't forget the hat picture every year.


1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Wesley's party was a hoot! Glad I could be there. Miss and love you all.