Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Wesley Week

Oh what a week! As the school year winds down the kindergarten activities sky rocket. My parents joined us Monday night for Wesley's program. He was sure pumped to show us all the songs they've been working on. I can hardly believe the school year is coming to a close. My little guy has learned so much this year. He's making great strides in reading and seems to really enjoy math (things I certainly don't remember learning in kindergarten!). I'm excited to keep working with him this summer on reading and sharpen those skills for this fall and first grade.





The kindergarten class had a field trip to the zoo planned but the weather has been so unpredictable this spring (hello, it's sleeting and 37 degrees right now) that it's been rescheduled twice. They finally decided on short notice to go Tuesday since it was the only beautiful day on forecast this week. It was a beautiful day, 80+ degrees and sunny. The kids had a wonderful time. Each of the three classes tie dyed shirts in different colors so they would be easier to keep together. Ha! Have you ever tried to keep tabs on 16 five and six year olds? It was a bit crazy and at the end of the day I don't think I've ever been that exhausted. I can see why there is only one school field trip a year.






1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Love the new pictures...I'm sure the kids had fun tie dying shirts and going to the zoo!
Love you all.