Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fridays at the Park

The park was calling to me on Friday so I packed up the kids and off we went. I brought bread to feed the geese and ducks, hats and lots of sunscreen. Can you believe we're already hitting the 90's on a regular basis. Geez, it's the beginning of April! Oh well, the sun was out and the kids had a ball. I discovered Welsey is quite the ladies man. If there was a girl on the playground he was next to her talking to her. When it was lunch time he didn't want to go because he would miss his "girl". The whole way to Wendy's he told me to hurry up so he could get back to his girl. Oh boy, I'm not ready for the infatuations. We got back to the park just in time to see his girl drive away. He was so sad until a new girl appeared. He immediately took his kids meal toy over to her to show her, and poof! A new friendship was created. Off he went to build tee pee's under trees and dig for buried treasure.


My little boy is sure growing up and I credit preschool for him coming out of his shell. I'm thrilled with our choice to send him to 3 year old preschool. Best $65 a month we could spend. Greta thought she liked the ducks and geese until she fed one and 47 showed up immediately. It was a bit overwhelming for a 18 month old.


It was a great time and we now have a standing date with the park every Friday. Wesley is hoping his "girl" will be back.


No comments: