Friday, May 27, 2016

Schools Out, Flooding and Fish

The kids are officially out of school. Yay! Just in time to be stuck inside with me because of the nonstop rain storms. It has rained every single day for a week now and the ten day forecast has rain on every day. It's a soggy, muddy mess outside. We've gotten almost nine inches of rain now.....which is nothing compared to the 20+ inches we got last May. It has been enough to fill up our lagoon to the highest I've seen it in the 12 years we've lived here. I wonder what happens when it overflows. Gross.

GoatMan goes in there to eat his dinner and then he's let back into the horse pen.
The koi pond out front was full of mosquito larvae so I went to the fish store and bought three good sized goldfish to take care of our problem. The pond is super full from all the rain and the fish seem happy (and hopefully full of larvae).



Sean was nice enough to put a hitch on my car so I could haul the bikes on the bike trip last weekend. It will be nice to have a hitch on it.  He's such a helpful guy.


The kindergarten awards were handed out on the last full day of school. I went to see Greta receive her awards. She did so well in kindergarten. She's a reader now and mastered all of her math facts. Hard to believe that little girl is ready for first grade!




1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

OMG, it's hard to believe that Greta is starting 1st grade in the almost fall. She has grown up so much.

Please send us some of your rain. We've had less than 1/3" in the last 3-4 months. I'm trying to keep my garden and trees alive, but it's a tough fight.