Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Weekend Away

Well jury duty turned out to be a bust. I drove in, they put us all in a room and selected 31 out of the 45 people there. I was not one of the 31 so I got in my car and drove home. It wasn't a bad experience, it was actually quite interesting hearing the 31 people being questioned by the judge. I learned all sorts of things about those 31 people. I have to call back next week so perhaps I'll be one of those selected people soon enough.

I thought I'd share some pictures from last weekend. We traveled up to see my sister as it was my youngest nephews birthday. Little Bennett turned 4 years old.



He's such a cute little ham of a kid. He really worked at blowing out that last candle from three feet away. There was face painting involved and lots of cake and ice cream. What's not to like?



Children and adults alike enjoyed the hulk hands. Although I think my father might have appreciated them more.



There was plenty of playing and a nice walk to the park nearby. Walkie talkies were a big hit among young children and fathers alike. I find it hilarious that my daughter can strike a pose if I tell her I'm taking a picture.


I had my very first trip to Ikea (one of my parents favorite stores). It was a massive store full of great ideas. It made me want to come home and organize (which I've been doing all week!). It was great fun! We even ate lunch there which was very tasty. I'd definitely go back.



We stopped at a McDonalds for coffee on the way up there and found a very cool interactive table with lights that change colors with pressure from your hands. Wesley was quite intrigued. Good times! That was my fun weekend.

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!