Thursday, December 20, 2012

Busy week!

Boy it's been awhile since I last blogged! The week before Christmas has always been one of the most hectic of the year. The school Christmas parties, multiple birthdays, last minute shopping and shipping out of everything. It's exhausting, but it's over. Wesley only has a half day tomorrow and then we are all home until the new year.....and I can hardly wait. I know I've said it in the past but experiencing Christmas through a 5 and 3 year olds eyes is one of the greatest experiences in life. They get so excited about every little thing.

Wesley's Christmas party was today and I think all the kids had a fun time. My friend Jessica signed up as room mom so she is in charge of planning all the parties for the year. She then calls all the helpers and lets them know what to bring or buy for the party. I enjoy being a helper for the parties but I'm more than happy to just take directions, being a room mom isn't something I'd sign up for. Jessica does a smashing job of planning games and food to keep a room full of 5 and 6 year olds happy.

This year I wanted to give the kids in his class something and I decided to make some Angry Bird ornaments. What I didn't plan on was it taking so many hours! I didn't think 19 ornaments would take 7 hours to make. Perhaps I'll have Sean remind me of this next time I think up some hair brained idea. But really, my time isn't worth a whole lot so it's all good. They did turn out cute and Wesley was excited to give one to each kid....and that's all that matters.



I can't forget to mention Sean's birthday last week. Hubby turned 34 years old last Friday. My folks came over to celebrate and chow down some strawberry cake and ice cream. Yum. I'm sure lucky to be married to such a great guy. Happy Birthday Babe!


While my folks were here I received the strangest gift I might have ever gotten. My father was buying costumes off of Amazon for the kids (Greta is on love with princess dress up gowns) and he ran across an adult Angry Bird dress which he immediately thought would look awesome on my Mom. Now you must understand that my father has been doing this ever since I can remember. He buys stuff for my Mom to wear, she puts it on to appease him and then never wears it again. He thought this Angry Bird dress would be a hit with the grand kids, which it probably would have been had he persuaded her to put it on. Which she wouldn't. So, I got the dress. It is a shapeless black thing much resembling a black trash bag (with top notch headband no less!) but it got some laughs out of the kids......which is worth it in my book. Thanks Dad!


So of course Greta had to try it on. And that has been my week. Merry Christmas all!


1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Your Angry Birds ornaments are adorable! You're a "top notch" mom! The kids must have been thrilled to get one of your ornaments.
Can't believe my baby is 34...where did the time go?
Christmas through the eyes of a child is magical. I miss those days.
Have a very merry Christmas. I miss and love you all very much.