Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I got to join Hubby on his out of town trip to work the job fair at our college. I had six glorious hours all to myself (without kids I might add...Thanks Jessica) to roam the town seeing all the changes that have happened in the ten years since we graduated. I got to get some quality shopping in as well as a campus visit. Talk about a blast from the past!

Here is my old dorm. Oh how I don't miss ye. The ancient building was hot in the summer and cold and drafty in the winter. I did smuggle my cat in there for a full year. I likely would have been in big trouble had they found out, but they didn't. Jessica, my roommate, and I had a great system for hiding him. Anyone knocked on the door, the other would scoop up Dexter (the large white cat) and run into the closet. We lived on the wild side back then (please note the sarcasm).


He would often squeeze his fat body between the metal blinds and the window and I would spy him on my trek back from class sunning himself in this window desperately trying to get us kicked out of the dorms. Ah good times.


I spent way too much time in this building, the art building. The art department used to be shoved into the top two floors while the science department got the main floor and recognition on the sign out front. It seems in ten years the art department has taken over the whole building, shoving science somewhere else....probably a newer air conditioned building.The main floor, which used to house the giant Chemistry rooms now has been transformed into a rather nice art gallery and art department office. I was impressed.



Next stop was to the College of Education to visit my old boss. I worked tech support for four years while in college and he was a great boss. It was nice chatting with him and seeing all of the changes that have taken place since I was there oh so long ago.



While I was at it I had to visit my first apartment. It's looking more ghetto than ever these days. It was a rat hole when we lived in it. Tina and I decided on it because it was one of the few apartments in town to allow pets (everything revolves around pets for me). We ended up with a dog and three cats in there. I could never forget big Crazy Vera that lived upstairs from us. There was no wondering why that apartment was vacant.


Last but certainly not least, I couldn't visit without seeing the place I got married. Great memories here.


It was a fun and memorable trip, I've got great memories of this town. I'll have to return when I can stroll down memory lane with Sean, and definitely show the kids around town one day.....after all there's a good chance they'll attend college here.

1 comment:

Hoofprints said...

I am so jealous. Maybe Josh and I should take a trip there soon. Good times.