Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthday Boy

Wesley turns four years old today! I can't believe we have a four year old now. He's growing so fast it's hard to believe it's already been four years. Crazy! We celebrated with a party this past weekend. A while back I had asked him what he wanted for his party and he was very specific. He wanted a giant blue cake and a pig pinata. Yep, I thought it was a strange request myself, but was happy to try and make a reality. So I hopped on Amazon and found myself a pig pinata pretty easily. Then Saturday night I whipped up a "giant" blue cake. It was a fun party and was nice to see my sister, her hubby and kids, Jessica and Josh and the kids and my parents there. Wesley had a blast!

Birthday boy in his hat....got a picture of him in it every year now. Can't wait to take a picture of him at 18 in it.

He seemed to enjoy his big (leaning) blue cake.

Yum!

The kids having lunch.
Everyone was very generous and the kid made out like a bandit when it came to presents. My Mother-in-law called to ask what he might enjoy this year and we had to brainstorm over the phone trying to figure out what might be a good gift. I told her that Wesley LOVES to clean. He's constantly wiping stuff down with rags and he even has his own kid sized broom and mop. He'll take the cushions off the couch and ask me to get the vacuum out to suck up the dirt, so I suggested a Dust Buster. A few days later a nice box showed up on the doorstep. Sure enough he's thrilled with his new portable vacuum. As soon as he gets up in the morning he's already got it down and is walking around sucking up stuff in his pajamas. It's hilarious. He'll literally use it until it's battery is low, then we have to put it up to charge. He loves it, thanks Granny Randi and Papa Rich!

I doubt many four year olds have a hand vac....and love it.

Immediately trying it out on the couch dirt.

Four kids playing with the air craft carrier...oh wait, that's three kids and my Dad. Another hit! Those Imaginext toys are awesome. Thanks Mom and Dad!


Mom with baby Bennett....what a happy, laid back baby! 


Oh and can't forget Dad with Bennett. 


2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Happy Birthday to my little nephew! So proud to be your aunt and so blessed to watch you grow. :)

Granny Randi said...

OMG! Who knew a dust buster would be an hit with a 4 year old! Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry we couldn't be there to give it to Wesley and join in the fun.
I love the leaning tower of blue cake! Good job, Mandy.
Love you and miss you.