Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekly Winners: Zoo Addition


I did the annual trek to the zoo last week. Jessica and her clan came too. I love going to the zoo (imagine that!) so I get excited for the yearly trip. I try to instil that excitement into my kids by really pumping it up to them. So all last weekend I was telling them how much fun we were going to have, how they'd get to see some really cool animals and maybe feed some. They seemed excited. Then Monday rolls around and 20 minutes after we get into the zoo Wesley starts with the "I want to go home". *sigh* It was frustrating how much time and effort goes into preparation for these little outings just to hear that phrase repeated ten times in five minutes.

I have to admit that the zoo was an utter madhouse. I believe every school in the area was having their last field trip that day. We were, literally, herded through the buildings like sheep and it wasn't as fun as usual. So I kind of see where poor Wesley was coming from. He's got a little of his Dad in him, that's for sure. It's just disappointing. I finally had to con him into being good by threatening no visit to the zoo gift shop if he kept up with the whining.

Maybe zoo visits will become fun again when the kids are older than 1 and 3 years old.

Got some cute pictures though (even if I was making Wesley smile for them).

Greta thoroughly enjoying the penguins.

Two happy boys in the petting zoo.

Every year the kids get to pose for the camera at this spot.

Feeding Giraffes.


Posing with the Gorillas.

Want some juice?

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

I remember that spot! Cute pics even if the kids weren't totally thrilled!

Stacy said...

How cute! Nanny Brittany took Berkley to the zoo for her birthday last week. She can't stop talking about the monkeys, elephants, tigers, etc. Adorable! (And I love Greta's outfit, too! One of my faves!)