Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Estelle

Well we bit the bullet and got a house keeper.

Yep, you read that right. Between the dogs and the kids, this house was in need of a regular deep cleaning that I don't seem to have the time to accomplish. It took awhile to convince Sean but since he doesn't even know where the broom is kept I eventually wore him down. Her name is Estelle and she's cleaned once now and I'm really happy with her work. She's very thorough, even cleaning under the crib.

The best part of Estelle? She tells me when her canister is full.

Estelle is a Roomba 560 vacuuming robot.

I've wanted one for some time now, constantly drooling over them on Amazon. I read all the reviews, weighed my options and savings (along with some Birthday money-thanks all!) and bought one last week. Happy Birthday to me!  It came yesterday, I was so excited. I charged it for 8 hours and it went to work cleaning the floors last night after the kids went to bed. I, for some reason, don't trust my kids around my expensive new toy. I wonder why. Anyhow, I was told by my parents (Roomba owners) to clean the floors before letting it loose for the first time. By cleaning the rugs and sweeping I was preventing myself a huge headache of emptying the canister every 4 minutes. So I swept the rug and hardwood floors and then let Estelle loose to buzz around vacuuming like crazy. Even with my pre-cleaning it still had a stuffed canister after about 20 minutes. It did a great job, I can't wait to erase floor cleaning from my stuffed daily schedule. Thanks Estelle!





3 comments:

Granny Randi said...

That little thing sucks up dirt...where does it put it?

Hoofprints said...

I met Estelle today. I gotta say that I'm impressed with her cleaning efficiency. How much does she charge an hour? ;-)

The Menagerie Momma said...

A fairly large compartment is devoted to dirt collection Randi. If the house is really dirty it needs to be dumped more often. It tells me in a female voice when it needs to be dumped or brushes cleaned. Very cool.