Sunday, May 5, 2024

Pathways

 I've been wanting to put flagstone pathways around our house for years now and finally got the project started this spring. There was a big rock store that had a closeout at the end of the year last fall and we picked up two pallets of blue flagstone which sat all winter. I rented a mini skid steer and rode around the yard digging the top 6 inches off of where I wanted the paths. I was pretty proud of myself for renting it, getting it off the trailer and doing it all by myself. Sean had a meeting and rain was coming later in the day so I didn't have a choice. 




I then laid down a thick layer or sand and started laying the flagstone. There is an art to laying the stone and some areas look decent and others I'm not real thrilled with and might redesign later. But I got all two pallets of stone laid (around 8000lbs of rock). It was quite a workout. I only got about half the paths done so another two pallets will be purchased soon. I might wait until fall and cooler temps to finish it up. 

This isn't finished, still needs dirt filled in around the rocks.






No comments: