Friday, June 30, 2023

This and That

Sean found a new project that he's pretty excited about. It's a Torro Dingo with a blown motor. He got it pretty cheap and plans to gut it and turn it into an electric Dingo. I know I'd use the heck out of it cleaning animal pens outside.

 


It was a beautiful day so we took the kids to the nature center about an hour away. It's really a pretty place for a hike and we all enjoy it.





I tried a new vine this year called Thunbergia or Black Eyed Susan vine. I planted four little seeds and have this six foot tall vine. I'm sure it would cover the house if given the opportunity. I wish it would have bloomed more but I'll try it again next year in a different location.



I find Kevin to be very photogenic. He likes to lounge around sleep in a sorts of different positions. Kevin just turned three years old.



It seemed to get hot really fast this summer...quicker than normal. Which made us look for fun things to do inside rather than outdoors. We hadn't been to a local museum in a few years so we loaded up and spent the day inside.





I'm just throwing this in here because it made me laugh. Sean was clearing out some projects and sold a skid steer that he decided he didn't want to work on. Our skid steer didn't have enough lifting power to load the project skid steer onto the customers trailer so the customer (who looked like Santa) jumped on the back to give it more weight. It worked! They got it loaded and no Santa's were harmed.

I added a small water feature up by our front door since I was missing the sound of running water after we filled in the old koi pond. I added a couple of small goldfish to eat any mosquito larvae and a water lilly. One day I was diving home and stopped short after spotting a heron hunting in my tiny water garden. Pretty sure it got my two goldfish....darn heron. 

I'm still quite obsessed with hostas and am in the process of adding quite a few more to the gardens this summer. I've run out of shade around the house so I've decided to create a long hosta garden out in the walnut grove. Luckily its not all fenced in for the goats so I've got at least one row to plant in. Have I mentioned I love hostas?




No comments: